WHY IS HOME PERFORMANCE SO IMPORTANT?
Are rooms in your home too hot? Do you ever feel drafts? Are your floors cold? Have you been frustrated by the size of your energy bill? These are symptoms of energy loss caused by air leaks, little or no insulation, and outdated heating and cooling equipment which affects your overall home comfort, and of course the utility bill.
The first step to solving these problems is to consider your whole-house. It is composed of many integrated systems, all of which must work together to keep you and your family comfortable. This whole-house approach which is also known as home performance (HPP), uses scientific methods and tools to identify energy waste problems and plan coordinated improvements that deliver greater comfort, better indoor air quality, and lower utility bills.
What areas will your Huft Heating & Air Home Performance (HPP) specialist review?
- Utility bill (reviewing your bill is valuable to help gauge your home’s overall performance problems, or behaviors which can effect your utility bill)
- Air leakage of your home’s outer shell
- Insulation levels in the attic, floor, and walls
- Window performance / leaks
- The heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) system
- Your duct system sizing and leakage
- Water heater
- Smoke and carbon monoxide alarms
Once all these areas have been evaluated we will make recommendations for improvements that will allow all of your home’s systems to work efficiently together, producing a more comfortable living environment and lower utility bills. Many of these improvements will qualify for rebates.
Call today to schedule your free home